NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

HumbleTrader's next chapter

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one HumbleTrader with 615 posts (1,269 thanks)
    2. looks_two 1 Minute Man with 9 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 richw with 8 posts (8 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tigertrader with 7 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one glennts with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Anagami with 2.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 HumbleTrader with 2.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tigertrader with 1.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 129,396 views
    2. thumb_up 1,394 thanks given
    3. group 43 followers
    1. forum 691 posts
    2. attach_file 323 attachments

Search this Thread
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 139
Thanks Received: 232

HumbleTrader View Post
Pretty loss

I didn't have to wait for too long to create a pretty loss.

I executed my bearish bias really well. i.e Quite aggressive but as per my plan. Reached my max size as I saw more weakness without adding to a loser.

I was targeting 20 DMA below 650 and anticipating more. Price seemed to agree with me (though volume was hesitant) but then buyers stepped in and a V reversal happened. Usually I freeze up, like a deer caught in headlights. Not this time. I exited gracefully and accepted a small loss.

Yes, I gave up paper profit but the pain was minimal as my plan was to grab at least 3 times of that amount. Though I can grab small profits to boost my ego & cushion my P&L (I might do soon), I want to get comfortable with losing paper profits first.

Pain of loss and the pain of losing paper profits are the 2 major obstacles for retail traders and my goal is to overcome those first. I'm getting there but it's painfully slow

I like that .. pretty loss haha smart

Thanked by:

HumbleTrader 
Vancouver Canada
Legendary , Always learning

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Investor RT
Broker: IB & IQ DTN
Trading: Oh what a tangled web I weave, When I want to take profits in trading
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Years
Thanks Given: 3,521
Thanks Received: 3,115

My trophy trade

I achieved a great milestone today and it has been a tough nut to crack, for a while. It's not monetary but rather execution related.

Buying a market which 'gap'd up significantly has been a huge challenge for me. Despite my statistics giving bullish signals, I often hesitate or wouldn't buy at all @ the open. To add insult to injury, I would buy deep pullbacks, only to see the pullbacks getting deeper and deeper and eventually reversing the bull trend completely.

Today, I decided to go long @ DAX @ RTH open, after a big gap up, against all my 'rational' instincts. I also resolved to NOT buy any pullbacks. Infact, I had plans to get out if PB becomes >20 points. Though there is a small retrace after I entered, this beauty never looked back and marched upto my initial target 550. When price stalled @ 540, it was sooo tempting to take my profit and run but I decided to live by my 'exit rule'. That is to get out, ONLY after seeing a pullback and then use the next bounce to go flat. i.e Market telling me exit location and it was a flawless execution. My only gripe is not scaling up but a man can only learn one thing at a time

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on June 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts