NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

What Do You Replace Positive Thing With

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Trading in Canada with 6 posts (12 thanks)
    2. looks_two RDCoach with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 deaddog with 3 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ThemBones with 3 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ThemBones with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Trading in Canada with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 deaddog with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 RDCoach with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,463 views
    2. thumb_up 41 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 22 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

deaddog 
Prince George BC Canada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: National Bank Direct
Broker: NBD/BMO/Questrade
Trading: Stocks
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 260
Thanks Received: 4,218

RDCoach View Post
Challenge:First, try after a losing trade, to NOT take the next one until you've a figured out the modification needs to be, and test it. It could be a new rule (I call these items that affect your cash) or a distinction (nice things to know that make the set-up better). Then go to the next trade in SIM.
Most can't STOP and continue to trade and lose. BUT this is an exercise in Discipline.
Solution: Journaling ALL these Rules and Distinctions during the day is a 2nd recommendation. REREAD The daily list before each trading day. As the mind will not retain information unless repeated 7x in the memory.
So, just doing these few things will IMPROVE your trading DRASTICALLY!!! not just a little. Doing this also helps to hone in on your "edge."
PLUS this will give your mind a break from emotions in the process.
Good Trading!

That didn't really answer my question as to whether you have a definable edge and how you define it.

"The days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" RW Hubbard
Thanked by:

ThemBones 
Chattanooga, TN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 374
Thanks Received: 94

RDCoach View Post
Mark was a dear friend of mine and is missed. I Love the quote Progress not Perfection, says it all. Good Trading!

You lucky dog... I envy you. I only wished I could have met him before he passed (too soon). My wife and I feel like we've known him all of our lives, though. It seems like he's still here.

Thanked by:
 RDCoach 
Las Vegas, NV

Experience: Master
Platform: APEX n Sierra
Broker: AMPFutures, Stage 5
Trading: Emini Futures, Futures
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 17

ThemBones View Post
You lucky dog... I envy you. I only wished I could have met him before he passed (too soon). My wife and I feel like we've known him all of our lives, though. It seems like he's still here.

In The trading community he was always known as a great guy. Hope I can have the same legacy. Better get my book out finally!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 29, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts