NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Wheat trading


Discussion in Commodities

Updated
    1. trending_up 5,351 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 forexboom 
Italy
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Trading: ES, Currency futures, forex
Posts: 12 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi,

I'm starting now to trade futures and I have a question on ZW (Wheat): using Ninja I noticed that the ticksize is 0.25, but using QST platform I see that the increment is different, QST is using ^ and seems that the increment is from 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7! What ^ mean?

Thank you!

forexboom


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Is Volume Profile worth learning or is it an outdated co …
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Fat Tails's Avatar
 Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Futures & Stocks
Posts: 9,887 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,117



forexboom View Post
Hi,

I'm starting now to trade futures and I have a question on ZW (Wheat): using Ninja I noticed that the ticksize is 0.25, but using QST platform I see that the increment is different, QST is using ^ and seems that the increment is from 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7! What ^ mean?

Thank you!

forexboom

According to contract specifications for the CME traded wheat futures the tick size is 0.25 cents per bushel, which amounts to $ 12.50 per contract (contract multiplier = 5,000 bushels).

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/agricultural/grain-and-oilseed/wheat_contract_specifications.html

I had a quick look at QST. It is not clear what ^4 means. QST seems to have delayed or inaccurate data, and the daily highs and lows are false. I do not understand why you want to use it at all.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 5, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts