NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Does MC work well with Zen Data for Futures?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,948 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
forrestang's Avatar
 forrestang 
Chicago IL
Legendary Urban Samurai
 
Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, MT4, Matlab
Broker: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Trading: E/U, G/U
Posts: 1,345 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 357
Thanks Received: 1,059

Howdy,

I've used MC before with TA data (about 2 years ago), and it didn't seem to work that well with back fill and all. I may use MC again, and I have CQG(which doesn't appear on their broker connection), along with a Zen Feed.

I also have a demo MB futures feed, which I couldn't get to work with NT7, so I'm not sure if that feed actually sends any futures data?

But, does MC work well with Zen as far is properly filling a chart with historical data, at least for 30 days of tic?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592


forrestang View Post
But, does MC work well with Zen as far is properly filling a chart with historical data, at least for 30 days of tic?

I've used MultiCharts 6.5 with Zen Fire for a short period before switching brokers. It worked fine for executing orders as well as charting live data. However, Rithmic/Zen-Fire does not provide backfill. The backfill you get via NinjaTrader or Sierra Chart for Rithmic/Zen is provided by the platform vendor, not by the broker/feed.

I remember reading that MultiCharts added 3-days of Rithmic/Zen Fire backfill, but best to check with them directly for confirmation or maybe someone else can confirm.

Personally, I use IQfeed for all my data. It is superior, plus easily lets me power multiple platforms based on the same data. But it does cost money.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 30, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts