Welcome to NexusFi: the best trading community on the planet, with over 200,000 members Sign Up Now for Free
Genuine reviews from real traders, not fake reviews from stealth vendors
Quality education from leading professional traders
We are a friendly, helpful, and positive community
We do not tolerate rude behavior, trolling, or vendors advertising in posts
We are here to help, just let us know what you need
You'll need to register in order to view the content of the threads and start contributing to our community. It's free for basic access, or support us by becoming an Elite Member -- discounts are available after registering.
-- The NexusFi team
(If you already have an account, login at the top of the page)
The user Id is different than the registration code and name. You can find it under
"help", "About Multicharts", there you will see the version # you have installed on your pc, to whom it is licensed to and your user ID.
I am a TS 9 user and just downloaded MultiCharts 7. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get TS data into MC. I have viewed the video on the MC web page, but when I attempt to add a symbol (by following the video instructions), I get an error that says I must have administrator or poweruser rights to connect to Tradestation and in parenthesis it states that cache was not able to load. I have tried it with the TS program opened and closed and get the same error. Any ideas? Or can you point me in the right direction to figure it out?
Site Administrator Developer Swing Trader R.I.P. 1977-2026
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,592
Please start a new thread, this thread is about existing MC users upgrading to MC7. But briefly, it sounds like your workstation is locked down and your logged in user doesn't have admin rights. If you didn't do this yourself, contact your network administrator or the person who setup your machine.