NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





MCDT and Scanner


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,009 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 FGBL07 
Oberhausen, Germany
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierracharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers/DTN IQFeed
Trading: Bund Future
Posts: 272 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 311

I'm looking at Multicharts and for the start I have downloaded and installed their free version MCDT.

I try to setup a Scanner window and have run into what looks like a basic problem. My data feed is DTN IQFeed.

I inserted the DAX.X ticker into a row, opted for weekly resolution. But all I see is "Last" and "Close". "High", "Low" and "52 week High/Low" are empty. In contrast to that "ADX" and "ATR" show a value.

What am I doing wrong? As far as I understand it the values I want to display are built-in standard values, no studies needed?

Many Thanks.


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 FGBL07 
Oberhausen, Germany
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierracharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers/DTN IQFeed
Trading: Bund Future
Posts: 272 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 311

It's called "Real-Time Market Scanner" for a reason. Tried it today during market hours and now I see the fields are filled. Except for "52 week High/Low".

That's a pity, I hoped I could use the Market Scanner as a kind of quote board for weekly analysis.

I did not see Quote Boards in MC? Is that correct?

Many Thanks


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 24, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts