NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Trading outside of US and conversion neutralization.


Discussion in Currencies

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,722 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 loxics 
Calgary, Canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 14 since Jan 2012
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 7

I just started learning forex and came across a question which I could not find answer to online.

If I'm trading from Canada with canadian fund, I have to first convert it to USD fund to trade any of the currency pair that requires USD component (even USD/CAD).

Does that mean whenever I exchange back to canadian fund after i close out any pair involving USD, I am effectively trading USD/CAD pair back again?

What I mean is, if I trade and profit from trading USD/CAD pair, and convert it back after that profit is made in USD dollar back to CAD, I am basically made neutral which there is no point of trading certain pair if you live outside of US?

Is that true? Am I missing something?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Cogito ergo sum's Avatar
 Cogito ergo sum 
Amsterdam
 
Experience: None
Platform: QuickStrike, CTS
Trading: Derivatives
Posts: 195 since Jul 2010
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 214


From my experience, my broker does not change or exchange my base currency when I make a transaction in any specific FX underlying.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 24, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts