NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Swing trading w/ daily & 4hr chart


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,981 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
spyassassin
Buffalo, NY, USA
 
Posts: 6 since Aug 2012
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

This will be my trading journal for as long as I can keep the ball rolling. I will post all of my trades here and why I decided to take that trade. I do not do this full-time therefore I cannot be on the forum throughout the trading day.

I my goal is to be profitable swing trading the broader markets. I plan on doing this by using custom indicators.

I have attached the following screenshot of my indicators and so far they have been very good at predicting the direction of the broader market.

Form the pic below, the magenta plot in the daily is a very good indicator of the current market state and its direction and rate of change are very useful in predicting future price action. The white line on the top study measures the rate of change of the magenta plot.

The 4hr chart is primarily used to time good entry and exit points in order maximize gains.


So the trade for the coming few days will be to go short the broader market. I expect the SPY to drop about 2% in the next 4-5 trading days.




Please feel free to request other indexes, instruments, commodities, or stocks if you want my take on it.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks




Last Updated on August 15, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts