NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Data file convertion esignal to Market Analyst


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Roland with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two DTN IQFeed with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sam028 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 4,106 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Roland
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
 
Posts: 1 since Jan 2010
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi, I have eSignal and am exporting/converting data into Market Analyst. I can do it manually using Excel and I am in to process of writing a macro but I would love to hear of a how others have solved the problem of converting text data from one program to work on an other? Is there a specialized software that can automate this process?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
DTN IQFeed's Avatar
 DTN IQFeed 
Omaha, NE
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts,
Broker: IQFeed
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 14 since Feb 2010
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 19



Roland View Post
Hi, I have eSignal and am exporting/converting data into Market Analyst. I can do it manually using Excel and I am in to process of writing a macro but I would love to hear of a how others have solved the problem of converting text data from one program to work on an other? Is there a specialized software that can automate this process?

Roland, I would take a look at something like QCollector which will support a few different feeds and see if it can export the data into a format natively supported by Market Analyst. This will keep you from having to pull it into Excel to format it as QCollector lets you choose the format of the file to a certain extent. Otherwise, I think you are going to be better off using a feed natively supported by Market Analyst (assuming you don't want to go through the manual coversion process you are doing now).

Jay


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
sam028's Avatar
 sam028 
Site Administrator
 
Posts: 3,775 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 3,837
Thanks Received: 4,703

I don't know what format use both software, but few lines of Perl can convert anything.
Can you provide an example of both formats ?


Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 13, 2010


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts