NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Do I need two data feeds?


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fadi with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Fat Tails with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 pricestudent with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,606 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 pricestudent 
Spokane Valley, WA, USA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: IB, Ninja Trader
Broker: IB/Kinetick
Trading: ES
Posts: 30 since Aug 2012
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 5

When I signed up with IB, I subscribed to their data feed for $10 while I was sim trading. I'm still sim trading but was not happy with the data provided by IB so I recently signed up to Kinetick. My question is should I keep the $10 data from IB? Secondly, I don't have to subscribe to the data feed to place orders correct? Just wanting to make sure before I pull the plug over there.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Fadi's Avatar
 Fadi 
Luxembourg
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB / Kinetick
Trading: ES, CL
Posts: 484 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 667
Thanks Received: 649


You don't need IB's data feed to place orders :-)


Successful people will do what unsuccessful people won't or can't do!
Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
Fat Tails's Avatar
 Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Futures & Stocks
Posts: 9,887 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,117


pricestudent View Post
When I signed up with IB, I subscribed to their data feed for $10 while I was sim trading. I'm still sim trading but was not happy with the data provided by IB so I recently signed up to Kinetick. My question is should I keep the $10 data from IB? Secondly, I don't have to subscribe to the data feed to place orders correct? Just wanting to make sure before I pull the plug over there.

You only pay $ 10 as long as you are SIM trading. For SIM trading it is obvious that you do not need a second data feed.

If you generate at least $ 30 in commissions per month, the IB data feed will be free of charge, so why not keep it as a backup.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 19, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts