NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Windows 8 Upgrade Path


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,823 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
tderrick's Avatar
 tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Posts: 1,588 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

It's updater week for the MacBook and I have a PC Question.

I'm replacing the HD and maxing out the RAM.

I picked up Windows 7 pro to update from XP and I'm wondering about the upgrade path.
The Mac Partition will be Lion > Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard.

I will place Win 7 on the BootCamp partition and if possible, create an additional BootCamp
partition to go ahead and load up Win 8 just to get a head start on it.

So .... the question....

If I go to Microsoft for the Win 8 upgrade, will I be able to put it on a fresh partition or does
Microsoft need to see an existing copy of Windows on the install partition.

I'm a little old school on preferring a clean install instead of OS on top of OS.....

I am also a little unsure about the partition size ratio's... Will Win 8 need a minimum amount of
HD space to work efficiently??

The drive is a Seagate 175gig.
So maybe like ... Mac = 50%
Win 7 = 30%
Win 8 = 20% ??

Any PC guru's out there to willing to lend a hand to an old Mac Guy ??



AJ
Nashville, Tennessee


"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
bobarian's Avatar
 bobarian 
whitestone, new york
Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Posts: 1,995 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 5,258
Thanks Received: 3,120

good questions,i have a thought...You are using Ninja?


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
tderrick's Avatar
 tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Posts: 1,588 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532



bobarian View Post
good questions,i have a thought...You are using Ninja?


NT, yes



AJ
Nashville, Tennessee


"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 5, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts