NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





abort startegy


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ssber with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sam028 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Bimi with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,381 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 ssber 
Mallorca, Spain.
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Posts: 40 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 30

Hi,

this is really simple question, but I can't find the answer:

Is there a way to abrort a strategy, something like "return","exit ","endsub" or whatever.

Is the only way not having to write a million if then else.

Thanks.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
sam028's Avatar
 sam028 
Site Administrator
 
Posts: 3,775 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 3,837
Thanks Received: 4,703


Simply use a boolean, which will be set to false when you want to stop the strategy.
Not a million of if needed.


Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 ssber 
Mallorca, Spain.
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Posts: 40 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 30

hi, I know I can do this, I was only wondering if there was a return . bye


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
Bimi
London
 
Posts: 118 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 58


ssber View Post
hi, I know I can do this, I was only wondering if there was a return . bye

why don't you just look up the keywords dictionary for "return"?


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 ssber 
Mallorca, Spain.
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL
Posts: 40 since Apr 2012
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 30


Bimi View Post
why don't you just look up the keywords dictionary for "return"?

I did.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 22, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts