NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





executing with limit orders at midpoint


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,557 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
toddma's Avatar
 toddma 
vancouver canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: multicharts, ninjatrader
Trading: forex
Posts: 53 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 6

I was looking at using the midpoint for execution rather than market orders however I'm having trouble getting the code to work.

I read through this thread...
https://nexusfi.com/easylanguage-programming/12991-easylanguage-mulitcharts-limit-orders-2.html

...and liked the following idea:

inputs: pricegap(.01);
If (entry criteria) then buy next bar at currentask + pricegap;
If (entry criteria) then sellshort next bar at currentbid - pricegap;

However, this code doesn't work for me. It seems to indicate that it needs "limit" in there somewhere - can anyone guess why this doesn't work or how i would get it to work?



I was also looking at doing something using ticksize as well, however, same issue it would appear...
variable
ticksize(0);

ticksize = (minmove/PriceScale);

Buy ( "buysignal" ) next bar at currentask - ticksize;

likely the same issue with this code

"syntax error, expecting 'stop', 'limit', 'contracts', or 'shares'
errLine 62, errColumn 46, errLineEnd 62, errColumnEnd 46"

Also - I don't really want to specify # contracts because that is specified in the strategy setup, correct?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
toddma's Avatar
 toddma 
vancouver canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: multicharts, ninjatrader
Trading: forex
Posts: 53 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 6


Ok I think I've figured out the limit order issue


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on November 23, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts