NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Deleting Private Messages


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ab456 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,030 views
    2. thumb_up 5 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Fat Tails's Avatar
 Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Futures & Stocks
Posts: 9,887 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,117

My private message box is full.

How can I delete 5,000 private messages from my inbox/sent items folder from the period 2010 to mid-2011?

I do not want to delete 100 slices of 50 messages each, as each slice requires that I reenter the start and end date for the messages that shall be removed. I would probably spend 3 hours to do that ....

Thank you for any suggestion.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590


I raised the limits for now for Elite Members to 25,000. You could probably modify the &pp=xxx query string on the URL to display more per page, then mass select them.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 ab456 
New Delhi, India
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart NinjaTrader,
Trading: ES,Stocks, Futures
Posts: 170 since Sep 2011
Thanks Given: 734
Thanks Received: 111


Fat Tails View Post
My private message box is full.

How can I delete 5,000 private messages from my inbox/sent items folder from the period 2010 to mid-2011?

I do not want to delete 100 slices of 50 messages each, as each slice requires that I reenter the start and end date for the messages that shall be removed. I would probably spend 3 hours to do that ....

Thank you for any suggestion.

MY GOD ! 5000 private messages in 1.5 years !!


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
Fat Tails's Avatar
 Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Futures & Stocks
Posts: 9,887 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,117


Big Mike View Post
I raised the limits for now for Elite Members to 25,000. You could probably modify the &pp=xxx query string on the URL to display more per page, then mass select them.

Mike

@Big Mike: This worked pretty well. I went to page 2 of the stored messages and then changed the parameter in the URL, which allowed me to display 200 messages at the same time. I then selected the last page, the second but the last page, etc. - they can all be selected at the same time - and then deleted 10 pages at once.

I got 2,000 messages deleted in a minute.

Thank you again for your support.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on January 2, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts