NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Multicharts Trade Alert


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,941 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 0 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 skiman721 
North Bay
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, ToS, MulitCharts
Broker: NT, TD
Trading: ES, CL
Posts: 39 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 9

I have set up MC to send alerts to email/text messages for indicators but I can figure out how to have an alert sent when a signal submits an order or get filled. Ideally I would like an alert for an order and separate alert for a fill. I was thinking that enabling alerts on the strategy properties would set it up but it looks like I need to code it.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
arnie's Avatar
 arnie 
Europe
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Equities
Posts: 826 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 1,048


skiman721 View Post
I have set up MC to send alerts to email/text messages for indicators but I can figure out how to have an alert sent when a signal submits an order or get filled. Ideally I would like an alert for an order and separate alert for a fill. I was thinking that enabling alerts on the strategy properties would set it up but it looks like I need to code it.


Have you checked the Wiki page


If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany
 
Experience: None
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: Fx
Posts: 49 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 59


Here are the 4 functions for using alerts:
Category:Alerts - MultiCharts


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 skiman721 
North Bay
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, ToS, MulitCharts
Broker: NT, TD
Trading: ES, CL
Posts: 39 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 9

Hmmm, thanks for the help. For some reason I was thinking the Alert function could only be called in indicators. Must of been a different function i was thinking about.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany
 
Experience: None
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: Fx
Posts: 49 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 59


skiman721 View Post
Hmmm, thanks for the help. For some reason I was thinking the Alert function could only be called in indicators. Must of been a different function i was thinking about.

For MC Versions before 8.0 Beta 2, you are right. But this behavior doesn't make any sense, because you had to reproduce your strategy logic in an indicator only to use the alert function. That's why I made a feature request on the Project Management page of MC. Andy luckily they implemented my wish to allow alerts in signals very quickly.

So if you have any good ideas, use the Project Management site: MultiCharts Project Management

Many wishes from users has been already implemented, and many more are targeted for the next big release of MC.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 skiman721 
North Bay
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, ToS, MulitCharts
Broker: NT, TD
Trading: ES, CL
Posts: 39 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 9


swz168 View Post
For MC Versions before 8.0 Beta 2, you are right. But this behavior doesn't make any sense, because you had to reproduce your strategy logic in an indicator only to use the alert function. That's why I made a feature request on the Project Management page of MC. Andy luckily they implemented my wish to allow alerts in signals very quickly.

So if you have any good ideas, use the Project Management site: MultiCharts Project Management

Many wishes from users has been already implemented, and many more are targeted for the next big release of MC.

I just updated the 8.0 Beta 2 about 2 weeks ago, guess that's why I didn't think it was easy. Good job on the request, i'll have to spend some time in the PM area and see if I can add some value.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 3, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts