NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Trying to find a way to format a bit of text nicely on BMT


Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,615 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 0 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
Adamus's Avatar
 Adamus 
London, UK
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, home-grown Java
Broker: IB/IQFeed
Trading: EUR/USD
Posts: 1,064 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 471
Thanks Received: 789

This has been bugging me for while so I'm finally going to be humble and ask how to do it:

I want to post this exact text (including the tab characters) so that it shows as it does when wrapped like this in
CODE tags - but I want to lose the CODE tags.

 
Code
    10:00     GBP         Chancellor Osborne Speaks                     
    11:00     GBP         CBI Realized Sales     
    12:30     USD         Core Durable Goods Orders m/m 
        USD         Durable Goods Orders m/m
    13:00     USD         S&P/CS Composite-20 HPI y/y
    14:00     USD         CB Consumer Confidence     
        USD         New Home Sales             
        USD         Richmond Manufacturing Index
Call me pedantic but it annoys me every time when I have to post it as "code" when it's not, and I can't find any other way to do it.

This is just to save me a minute or two every day - no big deal - but for some reason it irks me.

I found some stuff about using the TABLE tag and bb code, but that looks like overkill in terms of effort required.

I can see that I can use HTML tags, but that looks like the opposite of what I need - the ability to display HTML as code, rather than the ability to use HTML, e.g. the <PRE> tag which would be cool.

Thanks.


PS Let me just test something. Can't find any info on stuff like the H and the S tags. What do they do?

Test the H tag?


The S tag


You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
  #2 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,593

Use code tag or do a search for table tag and how to use (complicated)

Sent from my Nexus 4




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 26, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts