NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Mirus Futures vs Optimus Futures


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one liquidcci with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two piposaurus with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 slickiam with 1 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one slickiam with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two piposaurus with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 TrendTraderBH with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 liquidcci with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 7,933 views
    2. thumb_up 8 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 8 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
piposaurus
London, UK
 
Posts: 37 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 13

I'm moving my trading from the spot markets to futures and have settled on a platform (Multicharts) though I'm still undecided on a few things and would appreciate your input.

I've narrowed down my broker choice to Mirus or Optimus Futures. Anyone here have any experience with both of these and/or any preference between the two?

Also I'm considering a feed from either Rithmic or IQ - again any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 TrendTraderBH 
Detroit, Michigan
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Futures
Posts: 319 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 599
Thanks Received: 303


I opened accounts with both Mirus and Optimus using NT7 (although only funded Optimus so far). Both are good choices imho and I am very happy overall with Optimus and Rithmic.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 
liquidcci's Avatar
 liquidcci 
Austin, TX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader, r-trader
Trading: NQ, CL
Posts: 871 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 611
Thanks Received: 1,110

One consideration is data feed. I personally have had much better connections with rithmic which you get via Optimus compared to zenfire. I can't comment on Mirus as a broker since have not used them. But have been very happy with Optimus. Matt at Optimus is very responsive if you ever need to talk to him.


"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 
ThatManFromTexas's Avatar
 ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Posts: 2,265 since Feb 2010
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,360


liquidcci View Post
One consideration is data feed. I personally have had much better connections with rithmic which you get via Optimus compared to zenfire. I can't comment on Mirus as a broker since have not used them. But have been very happy with Optimus. Matt at Optimus is very responsive if you ever need to talk to him.


I have been with Mirus/Rosenthal Collins for several years . I have had no issues with the brokerage.

I have had issues with Zenfire connections in the past, although it has not been an issue lately. I use Ninja Trader and never could determine where the problem originated.

I have never used Optimus, but from conversations with Matt I have found him to be knowledgeable and helpful.


I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 
slickiam's Avatar
 slickiam 
Tomsk, Russia
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: custom
Trading: gold
Posts: 273 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 133
Thanks Received: 436

There is the story about Rithmic / Zen-Fire: "What is Zen Fire?"


Scientia Libertas Prosperitas
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)
piposaurus
London, UK
 
Posts: 37 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 13

Thanks for your help guys.

I think so far I am leaning towards Optimus/Rithmic though by the sound of it Mirus would be fine if I went with them...


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
 
liquidcci's Avatar
 liquidcci 
Austin, TX
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Master
Platform: ninjatrader, r-trader
Trading: NQ, CL
Posts: 871 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 611
Thanks Received: 1,110


piposaurus View Post
Thanks for your help guys.

I think so far I am leaning towards Optimus/Rithmic though by the sound of it Mirus would be fine if I went with them...


You should be happy with Optimus. The rithmic feed has been stellar for me.


"The day I became a winning trader was the day it became boring. Daily losses no longer bother me and daily wins no longer excited me. Took years of pain and busting a few accounts before finally got my mind right. I survived the darkness within and now just chillax and let my black box do the work."
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)
 burningman 
Singapore
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Posts: 4 since Feb 2013
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

Hey TS, how is your experience with Optimus so far? Particularly the datafeed.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 5, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts