NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





drawing trend lines on the tick chart (ToS)


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 11,422 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
shots fired
Boise, Idaho
 
Posts: 71 since Feb 2013
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 10

This is a very annoying issue for me. I use a 1600 tick chart. When i draw a trend and click to secure it in place, it will go crooked on me. It won't stay where I want it. I do not have this issue on ToS time based chart. The trend line will stay where I want it as long as I don't go beyond where the current tick candle is. But if I try and draw it past the wick of the last tick candle, the trend line will go crooked. The best I can do is draw the TL as far as it will allow me, and then extend it to the right. Why is this only an issue on tick buy not time based charts?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
RedK's Avatar
 RedK 
Dubai, UAE
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, TradeStation
Broker: OX, TradeStation
Trading: Stocks & Basic Options
Posts: 171 since May 2012
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 145

Try Chart Settings > General > Settings > turn "Drawing Snapping" to "Off", and also uncheck "Synchronize Drawings"

you still need to draw your trend line only within the chart zone (not the right extension area), then extend to the right if you need.. but I noticed this way it remains exactly where you leave it vs if you keep these settings on default ...

hope this helps?
K


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
shots fired
Boise, Idaho
 
Posts: 71 since Feb 2013
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 10


I will check out that setting. I have seen the snap back button before, and never knew what it was for. Snap back? Well I will experiment with it. Thanks.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on April 7, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts