NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





E-mail to alarm on Android?


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,342 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Arkiteq 
Portland, OR
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Bitcoin
Posts: 57 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 42

I have been trying to figure out a way to convert the e-mails I get from my Sierra client alarms, to an alarm on my Android phone. I downloaded tasker, which will probably allow me to do this. But it is proving time consuming to figure out what I need for a single function. Anyone familiar with tasker or how to achieve this? To clarify, I want to be woken up when I receive an e-mail from Sierra only.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
deefster's Avatar
 deefster 
Denver
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, TDA StrategyDesk
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: equities,options
Posts: 14 since Dec 2009
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 9

Must mobile carriers have an email target that will text your phone. Verizon is <your#>.vtext.com I believe for instance.
From there it should be easy to add a custom ring tone in your address book.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 Arkiteq 
Portland, OR
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Bitcoin
Posts: 57 since May 2013
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 42



deefster View Post
Must mobile carriers have an email target that will text your phone. Verizon is <your#>.vtext.com I believe for instance.
From there it should be easy to add a custom ring tone in your address book.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Oh wow, didn't even know that existed.

List of SMS gateways

Thanks man!


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 8, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts