NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Multicharts + Rithmic


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,359 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 wind 
Singapore
 
Experience: None
Platform: SierraChart
Broker: CQG
Posts: 3 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1

Hey guys,

I was told that Rithmic only provides current day of historical data when you do backfilling with Multicharts. Ninjatrader doesn't have this limitation. For people who are using Multicharts and rithmic feed, how do you overcome this limitation? Thanks.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
leizhenhua
adelaide south australia
 
Posts: 6 since Apr 2014
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0


wind View Post
Hey guys,

I was told that Rithmic only provides current day of historical data when you do backfilling with Multicharts. Ninjatrader doesn't have this limitation. For people who are using Multicharts and rithmic feed, how do you overcome this limitation? Thanks.

Well having used NT for a few years I 'm trying MC at the moment, and I'm facing the same problem: MC + Rithmic, only one day of tick data and about 20 days of minutes data. With NT, I normally have access about one year of tick data for backtesting, without doing anything.

Has this problem solved somehow? Or I need to export NT data and import it into MC?

TIA.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 MaxT 
Milwaukee, WI
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts.NET SE
Trading: Index Futures
Posts: 9 since Feb 2015
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 5


I have both Rithmic and CQG. I use CQG for historical data and Rithmic for DOM and T&S.

With NT you get historical data from NT directly, not from Rithmic.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 20, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts