NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Backtest RadarScreen


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,670 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
matthaius
Los Angeles, CA
 
Posts: 7 since Jul 2013
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hi,
I'm new to Tradestation and Radarscreen. I wanted to know if there is an easy way to test a RadarScreen indicator by replaying market data and test it out ? The other option would be plot the indicator on each chart and identify when it would trigger ?

the second question is : how do I compute the daily ATR and use it in my radarscreen indicator ? a generic form of then same question would be - how do I access daily data in my radarscreen scan ?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


Hi matthaius,

as far as I know you can't replay the data in Radarscreen (this goes for all Tradestation). You would need to convert it to an indicator and do it visually on the chart or via the debug output bar for example.

If I recall correctly, I answered your question regarding the daily ATR in a different thread already.

Regards,
ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
matthaius
Los Angeles, CA
 
Posts: 7 since Jul 2013
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Thanks for the help. Yes, I'm sticking with just the intraday period now.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 2, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts