NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Intra-Bar Order Generation


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,196 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
ivanyu
Hong Kong
 
Posts: 15 since Jul 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

When I have Intra-Bar Order Generation = on, does it matter any more whether my order instruction is

1) buy on this bar close
2) buy on next bar market

Does my order instruction need to be "on this bar close" for intra bar order generation to take effect?

Thank you very much!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

Although you already got the answer in the MC forum, it might be interesting for the BTM users, too:

With intrabar order generation "next bar" will be the next tick.

IOG = off;
next bar = next bar;
this bar = this bar;

IOG = on;
next bar = next tick;
this bar = this bar;

Regards,
ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
ivanyu
Hong Kong
 
Posts: 15 since Jul 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


Thanks!


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
djvie11
Chicago, IL
 
Posts: 52 since Jul 2013
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 1

So I was searching for an answer and found this thread..

I'm having a problem getting the IntraBarGeneration to work for me. I have it turned on ( [IntrabarOrderGeneration = true] is in my code ) but it always enters a trade on the end of the bar I'm working with (I use 240 minute bars).

So entries are always on 0800, 1200, 1600, 2000, etc. The command I have for entry is "Then BUY ("goLong") this bar;" I would like it to enter the trade as soon as my conditions are met, whenever they happen in the bar.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
-Brandon


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

Brandon,

look into the differences for "this bar" and "next bar" in orders when it comes to intrabar order generation.
Next bar will be the next tick for IOG.

Regards,
ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on July 24, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts