NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Newbie question - broker fees and how they work


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,418 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Hooch604 
Vancouver Canada
 
Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Posts: 4 since Aug 2013
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 2

I am trying to build a strategy in sim and part of that is cost per trade. One thing I have not been able to figure out is if the round trip costs are per contract or not.

Example 1. If I buy 3 contracts going in and sell all three in one stroke is that one round trip or three?
Example 2. I buy 3 going in but stagger the sell at three different points. <-- this I expect to be three round trips

Can someone please clarify?


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Cashish's Avatar
 Cashish 
Miami FL USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ensign 10, NT7 DOM
Broker: IB, IQ
Trading: Currency Futures
Posts: 802 since May 2011
Thanks Given: 811
Thanks Received: 2,101



Hooch604 View Post
I am trying to build a strategy in sim and part of that is cost per trade. One thing I have not been able to figure out is if the round trip costs are per contract or not.

Example 1. If I buy 3 contracts going in and sell all three in one stroke is that one round trip or three?
Example 2. I buy 3 going in but stagger the sell at three different points. <-- this I expect to be three round trips

Can someone please clarify?



.....the round trip costs are per contract

Example 1. 3

Example 2. 3

.....the round trip costs are per contract


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 Hooch604 
Vancouver Canada
 
Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Posts: 4 since Aug 2013
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 2

Ok. Figured but didn't want to assume. That makes scalping 5 ticks off the YM a little more challenging to make profitable

;-)


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 26, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts