NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





RMTI when to take profits?


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,238 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
dhewittjr
SLC UT
 
Posts: 2 since Sep 2013
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

One of my problems is taking profits too early with stock. If I were patient I would have made over 1k on RMTI on Friday. I decided to buy more at $10 and swing it. I'm counting on it gaping up with all the hype and momentum.

Now say it jumps, when do I take profits? I don't want to be greedy but I also have a hard time reading the market. I don't go off of news but the hype behind this stock feels like it could really go the distance. Maybe 12 to 15 bucks.

I want to make great trades and not focus on the money side of it. Sould I sell half (500) shares Monday if it gaps and let the rest ride? I'm feeling like that would be a good trade and not motivated by money


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



dhewittjr View Post
One of my problems is taking profits too early with stock. If I were patient I would have made over 1k on RMTI on Friday. I decided to buy more at $10 and swing it. I'm counting on it gaping up with all the hype and momentum.

Now say it jumps, when do I take profits? I don't want to be greedy but I also have a hard time reading the market. I don't go off of news but the hype behind this stock feels like it could really go the distance. Maybe 12 to 15 bucks.

I want to make great trades and not focus on the money side of it. Sould I sell half (500) shares Monday if it gaps and let the rest ride? I'm feeling like that would be a good trade and not motivated by money

This is what most people do. Totally random, no plan, seat of their pants. No research, no homework, no confidence.

Watch this webinar for starters:



Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on September 15, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts