NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Optimization with ToS?


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,608 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
Yakito
Buenos Aires, Argentina
 
Posts: 47 since Jun 2013
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 4

Hello,

I am coding some strategies for ToS, and I am wondering if it is possible to optimize the strategy within the code to just output the best parameters.

Lets say it is a simple MACD crossing. Would it be possible to code the strategy in a way it will test for different values (using a for loop) get the total strategy P/L for each value and then only display the best P/L parameters set?

Or, on the other hand I have to do this by hand?

Thanks for any tip


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
rmejia's Avatar
 rmejia 
Puerto Rico
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: thinkorswim
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: Options
Posts: 379 since Oct 2010
Thanks Given: 3,614
Thanks Received: 439

Would be nice but I don't think there are that many options for strategies in thinkorswim. I do it manually changing the variables on the studies, but it is all very basic.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
Yakito
Buenos Aires, Argentina
 
Posts: 47 since Jun 2013
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 4



rmejia View Post
Would be nice but I don't think there are that many options for strategies in thinkorswim. I do it manually changing the variables on the studies, but it is all very basic.

Yes, I finally talked to them. They told me it is something they intend to do , but not in the near future.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 24, 2013


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts