NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





IRC


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,103 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread

IRC

  #1 (permalink)
 
tderrick's Avatar
 tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Posts: 1,588 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

I am searching for instrument specific trading rooms just to mess around.

I, also, just learned about IRC and have found three popular ones and need some advice on this technology.

I have no idea what it is about or the dangers involved.

Does anyone have experience with Internet Relay Chat and have some advice / preferences to service providers?

I found these three right off the bat. Which one ( or a different one) should I go with?


XChat: Multiplatform Chat Program

https://trillian.im/

mIRC: Internet Relay Chat client

Trillian appears to be the only one with a secure server.


Grazie for any willing to fill an old man in on what the kids are digging



AJ
Nashville, Tennessee


"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
 
trendwaves's Avatar
 trendwaves 
Florida
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Posts: 703 since Dec 2012
Thanks Given: 2,898
Thanks Received: 2,525

mIRC is what I personally consider far superior , highly configurable and it's been around forever. Very stable and lightweight overhead on the resources. mIRC can run in secure / encrypted modes but the server / chatroom your in will determine that.


Be Patient and Trade Smart
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 
tderrick's Avatar
 tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Posts: 1,588 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532



trendwaves View Post
mIRC is what I personally consider far superior , highly configurable and it's been around forever. Very stable and lightweight overhead on the resources. mIRC can run in secure / encrypted modes but the server / chatroom your in will determine that.


I'm trying out the mIRC.... Do you know of a server that has trading channels? ... If I am speaking correctly ..

This is raw internet, baby ! I love it ... line commands and all



AJ
Nashville, Tennessee


"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
tderrick's Avatar
 tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Posts: 1,588 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

This thing is a gas!! ... love it. I'm only a decade late...



AJ
Nashville, Tennessee


"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 Cloudy 
desert CA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Posts: 2,126 since Jul 2011
Thanks Given: 2,398
Thanks Received: 1,752

Hi tderrick. Same here, I've used mIRC.

here's a financial chat server:
montreal.qc.ca.financialchat.com

then type '/list'

it should list about 39 channels. Some of them are private I believe.


There are also a few rooms with "Paltalk". under "Business and Finance" category.
you can join as "free" but then have to ignore a lot of ad stuff.

Well, we have NexusFi (formerly BMT) chat too. But I'd suggest a separate room structure (or simulated virtual rooms maybe kind of
like TST's "pit" rooms" for trading various instruments) , etc. And maybe keep to elite area. (not really saying I'd use it myself, just suggesting a separate visual layout, maybe like the NexusFi (formerly BMT) "arcade" room with separate room listings; stats on activity, people in room etc. )


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on March 2, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts