NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Advice on Algo Trading


Discussion in Stocks and ETFs

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,935 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 scrambled2 
los angeles, ca
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: ETRADE
Trading: OTC
Posts: 2 since Mar 2014
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I have a strategy that I wish to automate and test. I have very little knowledge of algo trading save for a few days of research on the web. My strategy is fairly simple with only 5-6 rules for entry, one rule for exit, and I need to be able to upload or input a ranking system that I would update on a weekly basis. This would be for intraday trading.

I've been looking at Ninjatrader, Multicharts, and Tradestation. Ideally I would like to be able to backtest and then paper trade the system for a bit. I am curious if anyone has any recommendations on other algo possibilities or advice on how to proceed.

I don't really program in C or Easy, but I'm sure I could learn Easy well enough if necessary. C might take bit more time than I have. What sort of experience have people had hiring people to create strategies and is that a viable way to go? Thanks for all of your help.

Chris


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590


There are many webinars on strategy development on NexusFi (formerly BMT). I highly suggest you start there, in particular all three ones from @kevinkdog Kevin Davey.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on May 22, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts