NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





New Mac Pro 2013 as a Trading Computer?


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two trvlntrdr with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Eastbaytrader with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 1,812 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Eastbaytrader 
San Francisco California USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: optionsexpress & trademonster
Trading: Options
Posts: 2 since Jun 2014
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Is anyone using a New 2013 Mac Pro as a Trading Computer with multiple monitors hooked up?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
trvlntrdr's Avatar
 trvlntrdr 
Reno, NV
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: Currency--just started
Posts: 70 since Feb 2012
Thanks Given: 478
Thanks Received: 115


I don't.
I used to trade with a MacBook but had to load windows .
I am sure the hardware is more than adequate for the purpose. But I don't think the issue is the hardware, -- most trading software doesn't work with Mac OSX.
unless you use web based trading--I don't know how common that its.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 GFIs1 
investigating the steal
 
Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Posts: 2,194 since Feb 2012


trvlntrdr View Post
I don't.
I used to trade with a MacBook but had to load windows .
I am sure the hardware is more than adequate for the purpose. But I don't think the issue is the hardware, -- most trading software doesn't work with Mac OSX.
unless you use web based trading--I don't know how common that its.

MacBook works fine for trading. You may check InvestorRT from Linnsoft.
Multi windows is no problem.

GFIs1


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 24, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts