NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Making every day count


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two madLyfe with 1 posts (7 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tturner86 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 josh with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,033 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
madLyfe's Avatar
 madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa
 
Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Posts: 1,641 since Feb 2011
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,021

great article by a great poker player. applies to everything is life.


Quoting 
There is a big difference between setting a goal and having clear intention. Setting goals for how many chips you have at each level can be problematic, but having an intention on what you would like to have can actually be beneficial. Today, I am completely unattached from the result! When I set my intention and speak it out, it's essentially me saying what I'd like to see happen in my day. This doesn't just relate to poker, it relates to all things in life. Being clear on the WHY you are doing something, and the WHAT you want to create, I believe helps you avoid living a life where you are just going through the motions without any real clear vision or purpose for what you want to accomplish. I've always been a very goal driven person and I'm happiest when I'm striving to achieve something, or create something in my life. Whether it's a health and fitness goal, career goal, or even a humanitarian goal, I live a more fulfilled life when I'm clear on my purpose and why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Making every day count - PokerStars


dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
josh's Avatar
 josh 
Georgia, US
 
Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Teton
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Posts: 6,331 since Jan 2011
Thanks Given: 6,955
Thanks Received: 18,632


awesome


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
Fritzk's Avatar
 Fritzk 
North America
 
Experience: None
Platform: NT
Trading: Futures
Posts: 1,376 since Jan 2013
Thanks Given: 3,457
Thanks Received: 5,064


josh View Post
awesome

agreed


Head up and keep your stick on the ice!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
tturner86's Avatar
 tturner86 
Portland, Oregon
Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: F-16CM-40
Trading: GBU-39
Posts: 6,192 since Sep 2013
Thanks Given: 10,461
Thanks Received: 12,699


Fritzk View Post
agreed

Seconded.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 5, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts