NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Economic Data (feed) - historical and current economic data, GDP, unemployment


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one dimkdimk with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two puma with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Harvard with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,833 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
dimkdimk's Avatar
 dimkdimk 
Melbourne
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB, ThinkOrSwim, Kinetic
Trading: Options, Forex
Posts: 38 since Dec 2009
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

Hi All

Does anyone know where I can get historical and current economic data where both Forecast and Actual fields present.
In particular, I am looking for all that important numbers: GDP, Unemployment, manufacturing, etc.
I can see all the data I need at ForexFactory as a Chart, when you click on Details of the Economic events
The problem is that they display chart but I need actual data table. (Any chance I can extract it from ForexFactory ?)

I am building my own Economic Surprise Indicator similar to Citigroup Economic Surprise indicator.
For this thing to work, I need historical both Forecast and Actual data.

I know it all very conveniently can be seen on Bloomberg. I am looking for a poor-version of bloomberg :-) I can even pay a little for the data as long as it is in Downloadable by http or any other format.

So any source you know ?

Thank you
JohnY.


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
learning0101's Avatar
 learning0101 
Houston, Texas
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS
Broker: NT, schwab
Trading: stocks,options,futures,forex
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Never
Posts: 291 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 3,643
Thanks Received: 224


Hi @dimkdimk
Have a look here maybe can use
Economic Data Add-In for Microsoft Excel - St. Louis Fed - Download FRED Data Directly in Excel


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590

FRED is what I use personally, but Quandl might also have it.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 Harvard 
Frankfurt, Germany
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Posts: 29 since Sep 2012
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 5

Is there also a possibility to plot the time series in Ninjatrader and analyze them like a usual chart with indicators?

Best regards,
Harvard


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 
puma's Avatar
 puma 
zurich
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra ahRrrr CQG ...
Trading: Bund, ES, ...
Posts: 964 since Aug 2010
Thanks Given: 7,273
Thanks Received: 1,507

I use Sierra charts to display time series of economic data.

Sierra can read csv files if the date is formatted well.

I use a R script to download the time series data from FRED or quandl or BoE or ...,
then reformat in R and export a Sierra readable text/csv file.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on April 26, 2016


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts