NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





midpoint for the day


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two arnie with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 arroganzmaschine with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lemons with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 4,769 views
    2. thumb_up 8 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 9 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
arnie's Avatar
 arnie 
Europe
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Equities
Posts: 826 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 1,048

Is there a study that plots the midpoint for the day?
Can't find anything similar to this

I'm almost certain I had this a couple of months ago when I used Sierra but I just can't figure it out now.


If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
josh's Avatar
 josh 
Georgia, US
 
Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Teton
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Posts: 6,331 since Jan 2011
Thanks Given: 6,955
Thanks Received: 18,632

Use the Daily OHLC study with these settings:




You can show the OHL if you want too, or hide them as here, showing only the midpoint:


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
arnie's Avatar
 arnie 
Europe
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Jigsaw
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Equities
Posts: 826 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 763
Thanks Received: 1,048



josh View Post
Use the Daily OHLC study with these settings:




You can show the OHL if you want too, or hide them as here, showing only the midpoint:


Yes, this is it.
Many thanks Josh.

By the way, when selecting Round To Tick Size, shouldn't 1680.38 become 1680.50?


If I become half a percent smarter each year, I'll be a genius by the time I die
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 addchild 
Bay Area California
 
Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Posts: 809 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 927
Thanks Received: 896

@josh Prior to this I was having to use the math studies to accomplish this, and because of that I was forced to keep a second, nearly identical chart open. Now I can eliminate this superfluous chart and free up some space.

Mad ups dawg!


.
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 pismo10 
boston
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra
Trading: ES
Posts: 4 since Sep 2010
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

well that seems perfect and plotted a nice line but at the wrong level.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 
lemons's Avatar
 lemons 
Tallinn, Estonia
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Trading: NAS100
Posts: 958 since Nov 2010

Use Auto Retracement/Projection and plot only Level 3
50 %


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)
 
josh's Avatar
 josh 
Georgia, US
 
Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Teton
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Posts: 6,331 since Jan 2011
Thanks Given: 6,955
Thanks Received: 18,632


pismo10 View Post
well that seems perfect and plotted a nice line but at the wrong level.

@pismo10, the method described above correctly plots the 50%. Check your settings. It's good to know another way to do it though, @lemons.

50% level in purple.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #8 (permalink)
arroganzmaschine
Oldenburg, Germany
 
Posts: 64 since Aug 2014
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 11


josh View Post
@pismo10, the method described above correctly plots the 50%. Check your settings. It's good to know another way to do it though, @lemons.

50% level in purple.


Is this a sierra chart screenshot?

Best regards


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)
 
josh's Avatar
 josh 
Georgia, US
 
Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Teton
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Posts: 6,331 since Jan 2011
Thanks Given: 6,955
Thanks Received: 18,632


arroganzmaschine View Post
Is this a sierra chart screenshot?

Best regards

yes


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)
arroganzmaschine
Oldenburg, Germany
 
Posts: 64 since Aug 2014
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 11



josh View Post
yes

Looks great!


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 20, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts