NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Setting closing orders (i.e. limit/stop) that reference Buy_to_open price


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,906 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
mish
san francisco, ca
 
Posts: 1 since Oct 2014
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I'm having trouble formulating exit order for Thinkscript strategy. I have entry using RSI, which is fairly straightforward:

AddOrder(OrderType.BUY_TO_OPEN, rsi crosses above over_bought, tickColor = GetColor(0), open[-1], arrowColor = GetColor(0), name = "Long Entry");


but I would like add a Buy_to_close order once the bid price passes a certain number of points above the price at which the Buy_to_open order was entered. I can't seem to figure out how to reference the buy_to_order price.

Any thoughts? Thanks.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
DLY206
seattle wa/usa
 
Posts: 2 since Oct 2014
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

I just use the profittarget strategy that comes on tos. I think it is called "profittargetlx" for long exit.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 28, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts