NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Out of Stupidity, Out of Ignorance...


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,010 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 e4williams 
Amarillo Texas/USA
 
Posts: 63 since Dec 2014

Out of Stupidity, out of ignorance.

Mistakes made.
And Learns from.

Oil is going down. Bought Puts on RIG DEC 19th.

Mistake 1. Buying puts on RIG. The RIG chart doesn't match up too well to the crude oil chart.
Riding the wrong pony here. Should be directly riding the right Pony. which is oil.
Had virtually no understanding of the time erosion on the options. Very limited understanding of.

Mistake 2.
Not knowing what I was doing bought ERY options and common stock to the tune of 60,000.
Took a loss on that again. Even as oil is going down.

Mistake 3.

Cleared the boat of all mistakes sold off everything, Riding the wrong pony with the RIG puts, Buying into a 3X's inverse ETF. Sold off all of those losses

Then bought 150,000 of SCO. Seems likes there's three good ponies to ride here. Dno, SCO, and DWTI,
So, I am up 4800.00 on my trade after three days. I am not trusting the charts here. Oil bounces up more than 3 points yesterday. I am now down 21,000

I should put in a stop, why don't I put in a stop? Thought all this out. And yet I didn't put in the stop loss.
Yes, oil will come back down. I could have taken a profit and another opportunity.
My ignorance at not putting in a stop loss. Mistake 3.

Getting out of a stupid trading zone for myself hopefully to a more knowledgeable trading zone.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks




Last Updated on February 2, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts