NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Fundamentals for Commodities


Discussion in Commodities

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,684 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 rsm005 
vancouver BC/Canada
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Zaner360, OX
Broker: DeCaley
Trading: options
Posts: 264 since Jan 2015
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 205

All,

I've been involved in stocks in one form or another for quite some time. It's almost second nature for me to understand the fundamental nature of a technology company, it's products, leaders, balance sheet, etc and then make a long or short trade on that. I've recently started in commodities and have come to the sober realization that I don't know where to go to get the fundamental information for anything. For example.

1. How can you tell when the "big money" such as hedge funds are buying or selling a particular commodity?
2. What are the drivers of price for softs such as coffee, corn, etc. Weather, supply chain, etc?
3. How does the price of one commodity affect another? Corn, Wheat, beef?
4. How big an impact do some factors have vs others?
5. Who are the major players in which commodities and what's the latest news on them?

I know I'm covering a lot of ground here but so far I've been getting my information from a hodge podge of sites, the news, and osmosis. Can anyone point me to a set of general resources on the fundamental analysis of commodities?

Thanks,
/AKR/


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Is Volume Profile worth learning or is it an outdated co …
1 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 myrrdin 
Linz Austria
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Commodities
Posts: 1,938 since Nov 2014
Thanks Given: 3,688
Thanks Received: 2,653



rsm005 View Post
All,

I've been involved in stocks in one form or another for quite some time. It's almost second nature for me to understand the fundamental nature of a technology company, it's products, leaders, balance sheet, etc and then make a long or short trade on that. I've recently started in commodities and have come to the sober realization that I don't know where to go to get the fundamental information for anything. For example.

1. How can you tell when the "big money" such as hedge funds are buying or selling a particular commodity?
2. What are the drivers of price for softs such as coffee, corn, etc. Weather, supply chain, etc?
3. How does the price of one commodity affect another? Corn, Wheat, beef?
4. How big an impact do some factors have vs others?
5. Who are the major players in which commodities and what's the latest news on them?

I know I'm covering a lot of ground here but so far I've been getting my information from a hodge podge of sites, the news, and osmosis. Can anyone point me to a set of general resources on the fundamental analysis of commodities?

Thanks,
/AKR/

The Hightower Report covers all (!) important commodities regarding fundamental information. The report itself is distributed by many brokers for free, the Hightower site shows many fundamental data for all relevant commodities. If I remember correctly you can get a free trial.

I work with this report for many years.

Best regards, Myrrdin


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 17, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts