NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Intraday Volume


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,375 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
TahuPhoenix
Lund Sweden
 
Posts: 4 since Feb 2015
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hey NexusFi (formerly BMT) Forums!

I've been doing some volume indicator coding lately and figured I wanted to calculate the total sum of volume being traded on a specific day (with that said, adding all the volume bars for a day together and plotting them). I don't just want the "Volume Today" since I want to know at what price a specific volume for that day hit.

I had a look around and tried asking the MC Support Team but with no luck. Instead, I figured I try my PL-skills which just upon now failed me.

Here is my code:

 
Code
Vars:
        j(0),
        Sum(0);

for j = 0 to currentbar
        begin
        Sum = Sum + Volume[j];
        end;

Plot1(Sum, "Sum");
I'm not used to coding with the currentbar, but my idea that if I set my resolution "Hour" and set the data range to just one day, I would get the plot of how the volume added up during the day.


All the best,
TahuPhoenix


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


TahuPhoenix,

with your code you add up the volume for all bars on the chart. What you need to do is set a start value for the "for loop" which should be the bar number of the first bar of the new day.

Besides that you might not even need a loop, but you could simply sum the volume by adding the new volume each bar and reset this value on a new day.

Take a look at the build in Volume indicator, depending on the bar type you are using the correct reserved word for the volume is either Volume or Ticks.

Regards,
ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 18, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts