NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





TradeStation C#


Discussion in TradeStation

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one CHE42 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two furytrader with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Hulk with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,376 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 5 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
CHE42
lafayette CO. USA
 
Posts: 3 since Feb 2015
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Is it possible to use C# with TradeStation directly?


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
  #2 (permalink)
 
Hulk's Avatar
 Hulk 
Texas, USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT, Custom
Trading: Futures, Spreads
Posts: 399 since May 2014
Thanks Given: 758
Thanks Received: 952


CHE42 View Post
Is it possible to use C# with TradeStation directly?

Not directly. No. But it is possible to have TS communicate with your own program written with C#. There are many threads here and on the TS forum that talk about this.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
CHE42
lafayette CO. USA
 
Posts: 3 since Feb 2015
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0


I know it can be done through a dll, but I am trying to avoid EL altogether


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
bobwest's Avatar
 bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 8,175 since Jan 2013
Thanks Given: 58,026
Thanks Received: 26,426


CHE42 View Post
I know it can be done through a dll, but I am trying to avoid EL altogether

Can't say that I blame you for that. In that case, perhaps an option is just to avoid TS altogether. TS gives brokerage plus data; but you can have both with other options. NinjaTrader works with many brokers (fewer now that they are in the broker business themselves) and data feeds, and you have C#. SierraChart seems to have a great many brokers and data feeds, and you use C++. (I have not used Sierra, but its reputation is good, and I may give them a try.)

I have used TS, and it has many good points, but the language is limiting.

Is there a compelling reason to stay with TradeStation for you?

Bob.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 
furytrader's Avatar
 furytrader 
Lake Forest, IL USA
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts + CTS T4
Broker: Advantage Futures, IQFeed.net
Trading: YM, ES, EU, US, S
Posts: 153 since Jun 2011
Thanks Given: 109
Thanks Received: 151

MultiCharts.net is similar in many respects to TradeStation but allows the programmer to use the Visual Studio set of languages, including C#. You should check it out (I don't use it - I use regular MultiCharts)


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
CHE42
lafayette CO. USA
 
Posts: 3 since Feb 2015
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Thanks for the update. NO there is no compelling reason to stick with Tradestation. I just started with it.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on February 23, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts