NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Districttrader's Trading Journal


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,387 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
DistrictTrader's Avatar
 DistrictTrader 
Washington DC, USA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Rithmic
Trading: ES
Posts: 4 since Mar 2014
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Hi all - I just wanted to create a forum so that I can jot down my pre-market levels, trades, etc. and make it public so that I can enforce good behaviors and bring bad behaviors to light. I will be attaching my pre-market levels in the ES and documenting my trades here. I am using Market Delta charts pro edition with NT7. I have one local computer that runs my charting applications and I've got a co-located server near the CME to run my execution platform. My goal is to scalp up to 3 ticks in the ES.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
DistrictTrader's Avatar
 DistrictTrader 
Washington DC, USA
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Rithmic
Trading: ES
Posts: 4 since Mar 2014
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2


I took a trade at the open early hoping to scalp a tick or two playing off of the arbs in the ES. I'm able to see the SP premium, the ES, and the cash market, so I know that when the premium deviates beyond levels that will start up the arb programs. I put the order in and the market moved quickly against me, and I scratched it for a 5 tick loss (I couldn't act quick enough).

Lessons from this trade:
- when scalping, keep my finger on the trigger. I lost 3 ticks because I wanted out of the market and by the time I reached my mouse, the market moved against me.
- I need to learn more about scalping arbs. The "profit" in the trade came from a number of places - at first it came in the cash market, then the cash market bottomed out and the trade came from the futures side. As soon as the futures side of the market was tapped out, the bottom fell out of the futures market.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on March 10, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts