NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Low cost decent broker for >100 contracts


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one artemiso with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two randomengineer with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 street with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,384 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
randomengineer
Chicago, IL USA
 
Posts: 10 since Apr 2015
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 0

I'm looking for a low per-contract commission broker for options on stocks. I found optionshouse, but they reportedly have terrible customer service. I actually already experienced it myself--tried calling to inquire about new accounts and was sent to voicemail. Is there another reputable broker with reasonable customer service and a reasonable per-contract commission for trades >100 contracts?

I'm not touching Interactive Brokers again after my own experience as well as what they did to IRA futures account holders last month, so they're out as well.


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 artemiso 
New York, NY
Vendor shill
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: Vanguard 401k
Broker: Yahoo Finance
Trading: Mutual funds
Posts: 1,152 since Jul 2012
Thanks Given: 784
Thanks Received: 2,687



randomengineer View Post
I'm looking for a low per-contract commission broker for options on stocks. I found optionshouse, but they reportedly have terrible customer service. I actually already experienced it myself--tried calling to inquire about new accounts and was sent to voicemail. Is there another reputable broker with reasonable customer service and a reasonable per-contract commission for trades >100 contracts?

I'm not touching Interactive Brokers again after my own experience as well as what they did to IRA futures account holders last month, so they're out as well.

Well I don't mean to pass ethical judgment but I think Interactive Brokers is doing the right thing, since using an IRA for speculative futures trading is not in the spirit of a retirement account. (Canada's Revenue Agency is ahead of the curve here and has been auditing their TFSAs so that people don't do this sort of thing.)


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
street
Seoul South Korea
 
Posts: 14 since Jun 2014
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

Take a look at Choicetrade. Their options commissions are $5 per trade + 0.15 per contract. I don't know how their fills are, but probably similar to Options House.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on April 26, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts