NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Any idea what 4g data plan I need for one instrument?


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,955 views
    2. thumb_up 2 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Wartrace 
Wartrace,TN usa
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: 6E
Posts: 88 since Nov 2013
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 58

My only option for internet where I live is 4G LTE. I currently have a Sprint based 4G plan but he tower is off a ways and it is not 100% reliable. I am looking at a second data plan from AT&T since their tower is only about 4 miles away. It only allows for 5gb per month.

Would 5gb per month be enough for data on just one instrument at a time? I would unplug the modem when not trading so all it would have to do is the data feed while I am trading (4 to 5 hours a day max).

( I am trading the 6E)


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



Wartrace View Post
My only option for internet where I live is 4G LTE. I currently have a Sprint based 4G plan but he tower is off a ways and it is not 100% reliable. I am looking at a second data plan from AT&T since their tower is only about 4 miles away. It only allows for 5gb per month.

Would 5gb per month be enough for data on just one instrument at a time? I would unplug the modem when not trading so all it would have to do is the data feed while I am trading (4 to 5 hours a day max).

( I am trading the 6E)

Yes. I monitor a couple dozen symbols real time, and average 10kb/sec which over 8 hours is about 280 megabytes.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on May 4, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts