NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Setting alerts based off of Tick chart volume


Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,130 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
jdog93
San Diego, California
 
Posts: 2 since May 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone had found a way to set off alerts on particular stocks based off of unusual volume that can be found when viewing a tick chart. I'm using the 233 and 512 tick charts right now. Any code from someone that does this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new here to the forum and I'm happy to be finally engaging in a community of like-minded people. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me!

-Justin


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
RTH vs ETH: when your chart and Volume Profile trading h …
NinjaTrader
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098


jdog93 View Post
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone had found a way to set off alerts on particular stocks based off of unusual volume that can be found when viewing a tick chart. I'm using the 233 and 512 tick charts right now. Any code from someone that does this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new here to the forum and I'm happy to be finally engaging in a community of like-minded people. Thanks for taking the time to get back to me!

-Justin

define unusual volume.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
jdog93
San Diego, California
 
Posts: 2 since May 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0



cory View Post
define unusual volume.

I would say volume that is at least 10 times greater than the average volume. A volume spike basically.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on May 30, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts