NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Recommendations for data feed


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ShruggedAtlas with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 trendisyourfriend with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,173 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
ShruggedAtlas's Avatar
 ShruggedAtlas 
Bloomington
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 191 since Apr 2011
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 75

I have switched from Dorman to IB and in attempting to connect using IB data, was hit with the issue of too many data requests from NT and realized that IB data was pretty much worthless. now on the search for a reasonable value for real time and historical data provider. Kinetick is very pricey for me - $55 a month for not a whole lot and then I have to purchase subscriptions to the exchanges on top of that leaves me back on the search.

Does anyone recommend a data provider that can give me a decent amount of historical data for backtesting as well as reliable yet affordable realtime data?

I'm lost :-(


"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan, 5-Time NBA Most Valuable Player, 6-Time NBA Champion
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
NinjaTrader's Avatar
 NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here
 
Posts: 1,715 since May 2010
Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,689



ShruggedAtlas View Post
I have switched from Dorman to IB and in attempting to connect using IB data, was hit with the issue of too many data requests from NT and realized that IB data was pretty much worthless. now on the search for a reasonable value for real time and historical data provider. Kinetick is very pricey for me - $55 a month for not a whole lot and then I have to purchase subscriptions to the exchanges on top of that leaves me back on the search.

Does anyone recommend a data provider that can give me a decent amount of historical data for backtesting as well as reliable yet affordable realtime data?

I'm lost :-(

If you are looking for market data service provider, Kinetick, eSignal and IQFeed are the main ones. Exchange fees are the same for all three so from a pricing perspective, Kinetick is about 1/2 the cost of the other two.

Alternatively, purchase a Multi-Broker license if you don't have one, maintain an account with Dorman and you can connect to that account first for data and as a back up trading account and trade through Interactive Brokers as your primary. This scenario will avoid paying subscription fee to a market data service provider.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 
trendisyourfriend's Avatar
 trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Posts: 4,581 since Oct 2009
Thanks Given: 4,267
Thanks Received: 6,212

What about the DTN Market Access Historical Service offered by Linnsoft with their paltform? $15/month for historical data from IQFeed. I wonder why Ninja does not offer a similar deal.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #5 (permalink)
 
ShruggedAtlas's Avatar
 ShruggedAtlas 
Bloomington
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 191 since Apr 2011
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 75

to update...i know it's been a while....

I have decided for the time being to trade forex exclusively. it's the cheapest option that fits all my needs. I can get my data free from FXCM using NT and forex gives me a broad spectrum of leverage options. I can scale down to just a few thousand share lots with very little R/R and later scale up to larger lots as I get to know those markets better. So far so good. i'm saving myself $95 a month in data fees.


"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan, 5-Time NBA Most Valuable Player, 6-Time NBA Champion
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on June 15, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts