NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Minute data feed S&P-500, DJIA and DAX for backtesting


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,729 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 7 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Gabriel123 
Stockholm
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ProRealTime
Trading: DAX
Posts: 40 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 5

I am searching for minute data (tick data isn't necessary) for S&P-500, DJIA and DAX. (The Swedish stock index OMXS30 is also interesting). I am looking for data over a long period of time, I would prefer from 2000 to 2015.

I am open for different options. Of course I prefer data that is correct and sorted.

Thanks in forward!


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590



Gabriel123 View Post
I am searching for minute data (tick data isn't necessary) for S&P-500, DJIA and DAX. (The Swedish stock index OMXS30 is also interesting). I am looking for data over a long period of time, I would prefer from 2000 to 2015.

I am open for different options. Of course I prefer data that is correct and sorted.

Thanks in forward!

Pretty sure there is minute and tick data for ES for 2003 to present in Elite section. Probably 2008-09 or so to present for YM, and a dozen or so other instruments.

You can also sign-up for IQFeed. There are discounts for Elite Members. I believe they have minute data going back to 2006 or so I believe, tick data is 180 days.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 Gabriel123 
Stockholm
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ProRealTime
Trading: DAX
Posts: 40 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 5


Big Mike View Post
Pretty sure there is minute and tick data for ES for 2003 to present in Elite section. Probably 2008-09 or so to present for YM, and a dozen or so other instruments.

You can also sign-up for IQFeed. There are discounts for Elite Members. I believe they have minute data going back to 2006 or so I believe, tick data is 180 days.

Mike

I have tried to search for that thread (I am an Elite member now) - but I haven't found anything in the Elite section. Could you please post me a link?


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590


Gabriel123 View Post
I have tried to search for that thread (I am an Elite member now) - but I haven't found anything in the Elite section. Could you please post me a link?

This one goes back a few years for the most popular instruments and ETFs



Beyond that just search for "historical tick" like "ES historical tick"



Or CL



etc

Most of those threads became inactive after the first QCollector thread became popular, everything is consolidated there.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)
 Gabriel123 
Stockholm
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ProRealTime
Trading: DAX
Posts: 40 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 5


Big Mike View Post
This one goes back a few years for the most popular instruments and ETFs



Beyond that just search for "historical tick" like "ES historical tick"



Or CL



etc

Most of those threads became inactive after the first QCollector thread became popular, everything is consolidated there.

Mike

Thanks Mike. However, I am especially looking for DAX. In the QCollector thread DAX is only included from July 2014. I only found this thread about DAX, and that wasn't really helpful:


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)
 Gabriel123 
Stockholm
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ProRealTime
Trading: DAX
Posts: 40 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 5


Gabriel123 View Post
Thanks Mike. However, I am especially looking for DAX. In the QCollector thread DAX is only included from July 2014. I only found this thread about DAX, and that wasn't really helpful:

It doesn't have to be tick data, minute data could be enough.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)
 
Big Mike's Avatar
 Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader
 R.I.P. 1977-2026 
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Posts: 50,669 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 33,669
Thanks Received: 102,590


Gabriel123 View Post
Thanks Mike. However, I am especially looking for DAX. In the QCollector thread DAX is only included from July 2014. I only found this thread about DAX, and that wasn't really helpful:

I would try posting in that thread to see if anyone has older data. I personally don't have any FDAX data, sorry.

Mike




We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 18, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts