NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





IQFeed Java API Datafeed Capture


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bob7123 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two wmbeam02 with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 DarkPoolTrading with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,315 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
wmbeam02's Avatar
 wmbeam02 
austin tx
 
Experience: Master
Platform: TS & IB
Trading: futures
Posts: 2 since Jul 2015
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Does anyone have Java code to take the data feed from IQFeed's API socket (let's say emini futures) and read it into a string variable? I'm trying to get the flow of ticks into a txt or csv format so that I can run my R logic/execution on it. I asked the DTN development team today and they told me no one has ever asked them that question and didn't give me any solutions. I can't possibly be the first person to ever try and capture this data and use it in another programming language to make trades.

Update: I wanted to thank the guys at autochartist.com they walked me through my issue. Super helpful guys, unlike certain other websites I could mention . . .


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
DarkPoolTrading's Avatar
 DarkPoolTrading   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 1,034 since May 2012
Thanks Given: 1,244
Thanks Received: 1,328



wmbeam02 View Post
Does anyone have Java code to take the data feed from IQFeed's API socket (let's say emini futures) and read it into a string variable? I'm trying to get the flow of ticks into a txt or csv format so that I can run my R logic/execution on it. I asked the DTN development team today and they told me no one has ever asked them that question and didn't give me any solutions. I can't possibly be the first person to ever try and capture this data and use it in another programming language to make trades.

You need the IQFeed developer API (at a subscription cost). As part of the install there are examples provided to you in VB, C#, C++, Java. You can also access the feed with whatever language you want, these are just examples. Personally I use python to write the data to my postgresql db.


Diversification is the only free lunch
Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
bob7123's Avatar
 bob7123 
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja, IRT, ToS
Broker: EdgeClear, LMAX
Trading: NQ
Posts: 671 since Oct 2011
Thanks Given: 134
Thanks Received: 2,705


wmbeam02 View Post
Does anyone have Java code to take the data feed from IQFeed's API socket (let's say emini futures) and read it into a string variable? I'm trying to get the flow of ticks into a txt or csv format so that I can run my R logic/execution on it. I asked the DTN development team today and they told me no one has ever asked them that question and didn't give me any solutions. I can't possibly be the first person to ever try and capture this data and use it in another programming language to make trades.

Update: I wanted to thank the guys at autochartist.com they walked me through my issue. Super helpful guys, unlike certain other websites I could mention . . .

Yeah,what DarkPool said. Cost is $300, but if this is your biz and not a hobby, worth it.

Also, if you create and sell a product (or release freeware) you can ask to have the developer fees waived.


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 29, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts