NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





what is your way to put description to an indicator?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,776 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 gztanwei 
toronto
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Posts: 32 since Sep 2009
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 11

NinjaTrader has description field to each input field as well as the indicator itself. It seems MC.Net does not have that. So When I give my indicator to my friend, I had to write up a description doc outside of the indicator (like in Word).

I then found workaround by creating a string input field to store the description:

 
Code
		[Input]
        public string Description { get; set; }	
Description="this is a ABC indicator";
But it still has its drawback. So just wonder whether there is a better way that I didn't find out


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
  #2 (permalink)
 
Jura's Avatar
 Jura   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 775 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 691


gztanwei View Post
NinjaTrader has description field to each input field as well as the indicator itself. It seems MC.Net does not have that.

That's correct. I think that your approach is already one of the best workarounds.

I personally always put multi-line comments in the top of the source code, assuming people look at the script's source code before using it.


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on August 31, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts