NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Seeking advice for index futures data feed


Discussion in Brokers

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,506 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
PinkFluffyTrader
Ghent, Belgium
 
Posts: 1 since Sep 2015
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi,

First post here and looking for some advice.

I day trade DAX and SPX cfd's with FXCM.
Still being a beginner trader it has been a great way to start out.
Small size & low margin requirements .. Good way to have some skin into the game and learn the ropes.

Although it's a good way to start out, FXCM has it's limitations in trading tools.
There is no volume feed & no access towards more detailed charts like for example tick charts.
In my first months of trading I have been doing all my charting on Tradingview and used FXCM trading station (not Tradestation) purely for execution.

Recently I have been looking into access towards more advanced charts and data feed from the futures market.
Would there be a way to receive this kind of data by a third party provider?

I would still like to continue trading cfd's until being confident & capitalized enough to make the switch towards futures.
So for me it's not an option to open a futures trading account with a broker that provides more trading tools.

Anyone got recommendations, tips or ideas?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Edit: It's possible that I did not post in the right sub-forum.
Due this being my first post I'm not permitted yet to make a posts in "Brokers and Data Feeds".

Edit2: Thanks for moving my post into the correct sub-forum, Mike!


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 traderwerks   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 688 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 436
Thanks Received: 466



PinkFluffyTrader View Post
Hi,

First post here and looking for some advice.

I day trade DAX and SPX cfd's with FXCM.
Still being a beginner trader it has been a great way to start out.
Small size & low margin requirements .. Good way to have some skin into the game and learn the ropes.

Although it's a good way to start out, FXCM has it's limitations in trading tools.
There is no volume feed & no access towards more detailed charts like for example tick charts.
In my first months of trading I have been doing all my charting on Tradingview and used FXCM trading station (not Tradestation) purely for execution.

Recently I have been looking into access towards more advanced charts and data feed from the futures market.
Would there be a way to receive this kind of data by a third party provider?

I would still like to continue trading cfd's until being confident & capitalized enough to make the switch towards futures.
So for me it's not an option to open a futures trading account with a broker that provides more trading tools.

Anyone got recommendations, tips or ideas?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Edit: It's possible that I did not post in the right sub-forum.
Due this being my first post I'm not permitted yet to make a posts in "Brokers and Data Feeds".

Edit2: Thanks for moving my post into the correct sub-forum, Mike!

You can trade the DAX CFD on FXCM with NinjaTrader. ( I have never traded it ) I pulled up a chart and it seems to have something that resembles volume.


Math. A gateway drug to reality.
Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 5, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts