NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

A Cowboy's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bmtrading9 with 726 posts (926 thanks)
    2. looks_two Inletcap with 28 posts (82 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Blash with 20 posts (44 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 15 posts (36 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Inletcap with 2.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Blash with 2.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bmtrading9 with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 131,432 views
    2. thumb_up 1,325 thanks given
    3. group 29 followers
    1. forum 893 posts
    2. attach_file 273 attachments

Search this Thread
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MC and Jigsaw
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 3,001
Thanks Received: 2,159

Did some stupid trades flipping long and short...now press short or get long is the question...will it be a range day or trend day?

Edit: Finally was able to get long at 1969 with stop at breakeven

Edit: I am not happy with what I did since yesterday evening....too many trades...to much flipping not sure what was going on with me...

Edit: Got my stop again!!!!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Initiated long at 1970 (Stop at 1970).... day like today I have to avoid...too many trades why?

1. Maybe afraid of next move

2. Confused with long term bias and short term bias

Edit: Stopped again, Hindsight I shouldaaa kept my original short from 1988...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Got back in at 1952....

Edit: Overall was having a good day until that push down which make me to panic and add a short so basically flat at the moment...Got few excellent opportunities to scalp but didn't do it because of bias

So now I have

LONG ESU5 at 1952 and
SHORT ESZ5 at 1936

Damn back to square one...

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Note to self: DON'T TRADE in the MIDDLE of the NIGHT....I lost 8 points and since yesterday lost 16 points...so MUST TAKE A BREAK....Also have to deal with the contract roll over/FOMC etc. etc.

As of now positions

Long ESU5 @ Avg 1950 (Must roll over this or close it at 1970)

Short ESZ5 @ Avg 1936

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

I am not a big fan of reading trading books but I bought a book to give it a shot...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118445619?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

djoyce854 
Calgary Alberta

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 184
Thanks Received: 198

I'm about half way through and I can already feel and see the improvements. Definitely a good choice and hope you enjoy it as much as I am right now.

Thanked by:
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

djoyce854 View Post
I'm about half way through and I can already feel and see the improvements. Definitely a good choice and hope you enjoy it as much as I am right now.

Thanks, I have to control my emotions...maybe meditation helps, I will try meditation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

djoyce854 
Calgary Alberta

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 184
Thanks Received: 198

bmtrading9 View Post
Thanks, I have to control my emotions...maybe meditation helps, I will try meditation.

Do it. I just started really getting into meditating about 4 months ago. I was referred to HeartMath and bought the EMWave2. If you are like me and want to see concrete evidence if something is working. Get it. I don't go a day without it. It helps to track your meditation and quantifies it in a score. Some people might think it is a gimmick but whatever helps right and I can be one to say I definitely see an improvement, not in trading, but overall in life. Thinking in the present and clearing the mind.

Just a disclaimer I do not work for HeartMath or get any monetary gain by saying their name. I just believe in passing a good word for a good product.

Thanked by:
 bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Football season starts and it will take out some of this much needed market stress...Fantasy Football begins

bmtrading9 
Atlanta, GA, USA
Market Wizard

Literally sitting on my hands...still have same positions, some time soon I have to close September contract because of rollover...too many things next week FOMC/rollover etc. etc.

Positions

Long ESU5 @ Avg 1950 (Must roll over this or close it at 1970 - Yesterday I got a chance to get out at 1965 but didn't get out)

Short ESZ5 @ Avg 1936

Last Updated on January 6, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts