NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Data request: CME daily volume report for ES


Discussion in Options

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one PeakGrowth with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 CafeGrande with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ron99 with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,364 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 1 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 PeakGrowth 
Sydney, Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, IRESS
Broker: IB, IQFeed
Trading: ES, SPI, ASX stocks, options
Posts: 397 since Jun 2015
Thanks Given: 169
Thanks Received: 465

Hi all,

CME only displays a drop down for downloading their data for the last 5 days, from this page:
https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/e-mini-sandp500_quotes_volume_voi.html?optid=133&optionProductId=138#tradeDate=20150922&optionProductId=138

With a bit of creative URL editing I managed to download up to the 20th August, however, after that the downloads turn up empty. I assume they archive the database after one month.

Would anyone happen to download the file on a daily basis be kind enough to share it with me? 20th August was when the market started its correction which meant that I was literally 1 or 2 data points away from making an analysis relevant. I would like at least up to the August 1st, if not further back.

I assume I would not be the only one who is curious what happened a few days before the left side of this chart; I know I am.



Cheers


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 ron99 
Cleveland, OH
Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: QST
Broker: QST, DeCarley Trading, Gain
Trading: Options on Futures
Posts: 3,082 since Jul 2011
Thanks Given: 980
Thanks Received: 5,786


I don't have it broken down by each contract month but I do have totals for all months combined for last 3 years.


Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: ES OI.xlsx
Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 PeakGrowth 
Sydney, Australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, IRESS
Broker: IB, IQFeed
Trading: ES, SPI, ASX stocks, options
Posts: 397 since Jun 2015
Thanks Given: 169
Thanks Received: 465

Appreciate it, thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
CafeGrande
St Paul, MN, USA
 
Posts: 200 since Jan 2014
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 207

You can get individual months here.

The combined might work better for ES, though, since it's so front-month loaded (the file Ron uploaded) ... just depends on your trading style and research needs.

My Barchart - Registration | My Barchart Login

"http://www.barchart.com/historicaldata.php?sym=&view=historicalfiles&txtDate="

(it's free but you have to register for this particular feature)


Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 24, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts