NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Can the MC replay function be a simulator


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,396 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 ptcm 
Taiwan
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MC
Posts: 77 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 17

I am wondering if it's possible to insert entry/exit points on chart in such a way that allows the replay function to work like a real-time trading simulator?

It would be good to trade and have the P/L calc automated while the replay function is being run like a flight simulator.

thanks.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

ptcm,

not by default, but you could create something like this for sure. It will require some work though, as you basically need to do everything yourself - keep track of fills, compute PnL etc..

Regards,
ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
damnpenguins's Avatar
 damnpenguins 
West Sussex, UK
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: NQ & DAX
Posts: 15 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 4


That's the path I had to take. I created my own signal which would initiate trades on mouseclick + shift / Ctrl etc . Then when each trade was closed, a function would write the trade results out to a text file. I then imported the trade results into excel / Google sheets to analyse the data.

The process is a bit convoluted but It worked.

MC support have stated it's not possible simulate trades in replay even with the new Simulated Account in the latest release.

You could put in a PM on the MC website as a request, but I wouldn't think it would be a high priority for them. It's a shame as the addition of that feature for discretionary traders would be fantastic.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
damnpenguins's Avatar
 damnpenguins 
West Sussex, UK
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: NQ & DAX
Posts: 15 since Nov 2011
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 4

This might help you get started. I'm sure there are better coders out there that can help. But here is where I started.

I used a mix of these two scripts and combined them to get to the point I had something functional.

Submit orders with mouse clicks in MultiCharts | TradingCode.net - This helped with the mouseclick orders

Trade Recorder Function And Strategy - System Trader Success - this was the basis of the trade recorder script I used for the export.

Hope that helps!


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on November 8, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts