NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Backtest - How to see trade on chart?


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,968 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 steven2 
Vancouver Canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Trading: Emini
Posts: 30 since Dec 2015
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 25

Hi, I am using portfolio trader in MC. When I run backtest, I get all the tables showing the trades that happened. But I want to see those trades on charts. How would I do that please.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
  #2 (permalink)
 steven2 
Vancouver Canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Trading: Emini
Posts: 30 since Dec 2015
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 25

bump. Sorry, I really need to know this. Appreciate any help.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643


steven2,

the only way to see trades on a chart is by applying the signals to a chart. Depending on the settings of the portfolio this might become complex or nearly impossible.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 steven2 
Vancouver Canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Trading: Emini
Posts: 30 since Dec 2015
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 25

Thanks, ABCTG

I have heard very good things about you and your support

Applying signals to charts works for a single instrument. But in multi-instrument setup in portfolio testing, I guess that would not work.

As a price action trader (not an statistical trader) I need to see every trade made to get a sense of what worked and what failed, and then incorporate that learning into the strategy. This makes it very difficult to do so.

steve


Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on December 28, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts