NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Batch Historical Data Load - Multicharts


Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,010 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 steven2 
Vancouver Canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Trading: Emini
Posts: 30 since Dec 2015
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 25

Hi all, new here. Great forum.

question: In NT, I had no problem loading historical data for a large number of symbols. In MC, it seems like I have to load the data one symbol at a time. How would I do batch load please?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

steven2,

the best way that comes to mind would be load a list of symbols via the Portfolio Trader.
Another way would be to keep a workspace with symbols you use and regularly load it to collect the
data.

Regards,
ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 steven2 
Vancouver Canada
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Trading: Emini
Posts: 30 since Dec 2015
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 25


Yes, once could do it in portfolio manager, but that would be for recent data.

I loaded 13 gig of 1 minute historical data into Ninja via ASCII files. I had to write a small program to convert the dates into NT format, but then it all batch imported.

I don't see a way to do that in MC. It is one symbol at a time. I tried to put the symbol name as the first argument in the ascii line. MC accepts it fine, but still would only read the data for the symbol selected.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 ABCTG   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 2,448 since Apr 2013
Thanks Given: 494
Thanks Received: 1,643

steven2,

I wasn't aware that you are talking about importing ASCII data, but for this I am afraid it will have to be done symbol by symbol as far as I am aware.

Regards,

ABCTG


Follow me on X Reply With Quote




Last Updated on December 28, 2015


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts